A Gift in Memory of Your Loved One
When someone close to you passes away you may like to consider a meaningful gift to A walk on Water Foundation in memory of your loved one. You can also remember the life of your loved one by creating a special tribute page and seek donations in their honor. Rather than giving flowers at a funeral many families find it more meaningful to ask guests for a donation to a cause that was close to the heart of the person that passed away.
If you wish to make a gift In Memory:
- Coming Soon: create an online tribute and donation page. Write a story of your loved one and add a photo.
- Click here to make a one off or recurring credit card donation online.
How to inform guests to donate in lieu of flowers?
Share the link of your tribute page. (coming soon)
You may include the wish for a donation on your loved one’s death notice. Suggested wording: Please consider a donation in lieu of flowers to A walk on Water Foundation 526 Victoria Ave., Venice, CA 90291 or visit (name of the tribute page link).
Ask us for a pack of donation forms and return envelopes to be available at the funeral. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribute gallery (coming soon)
A lasting memory of your loved one can be created on our tribute gallery. There are some beautiful templates to choose from and you just need to send us a photo and some text. We’ll make the page and upload it for you. When you click on the name below the page will come up and we’ll also send you a copy. The gallery is available for a gift of $250 or more (or through your in lieu donations/fundraising).
A lasting gift in your Will.
Leaving a gift in your Will to A Walk on Water, is one of the most significant ways to help more special needs children experience the healing power of surf therapy. Whether large or small, your donation will positively impact towards a powerful surf therapy experience for a special need child, their siblings and family.
How to leave a gift in your Will
A bequest is an instruction in your Will to leave a gift (money, property or other asset) to a specific person, organization or charity. Your Will is an important document that must be properly prepared and executed and we recommend that you seek legal advice when writing or updating your Will to ensure that your wishes are met.
After your loved ones are provided for, you may want to consider leaving a gift to A walk on Water.
There are several types of bequests, which include:
- Residuary: The remainder of your estate
- Percentage: A percentage of your estate
- Pecuniary: A fixed cash amount
- A specific asset: A fixed asset such as shares, real estate or other particular items of value
- Alternate: in the event that your Executor is unable to distribute some part of your estate (for example if a nominated beneficiary predeceases you).
Once you have decided on the type of gift you would like to leave the next steps are:
- Consult a solicitor
- Make your Will or update it. A codicil can be added to your existing Will noting the change (This can be done via written/email exchange and signing the amendment at the solicitor).
- Include in your Will the type of gift you wish to give to charity.
For more information
If you would like discuss your wishes or have any further questions please contact Alexandria.